May 17, 2021
NAME: Renee Thompson
JOB TITLE/POSITION: Manager, Dietetics Service
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Health Promotion and Protection Division
WHAT IS YOUR CORE FUNCTION:
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and evaluation of National Policies and Programme on Dietetics.
- Develop, field test and equip government hospitals with standards and norms to guide the operation of Dietary Services in public hospitals.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation system for Dietetics data to inform programme implementation.
- Provide technical guidance to Regional Health Services on all aspects of dietetics services.
- Set national directional priorities for the dietetics component of health care, providing a critical link between the Ministry of Health and the Regions.
MY VISION FOR THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS IS:
An organization that provides optimum and affordable healthcare, and promotes all aspects of wellness, in a safe, clean, and positive environment to all internal and external clients.
What does being a Change Champion mean to me?
Heraclitus said it well: “the only constant in life is change”. It is prudent, therefore, to adjust and adapt in life. This is the perspective I will share with my colleagues and actively work with them on this new journey.